Thursday, January 14, 2010

Brrrrr....

Could it get just a little colder?  It happens to be extremely beautiful here from the inside looking out but man it is cold. Yes, it is all very pretty but I still can't wait to get to warmer sites.

Well, the countdown says 20 days to go.  I am embroiled in at least 3 projects and hope they all get cleared up before take-off day.  We are so looking forward to hours on end in the airports -- thank you Underwear Bomber!  Fortunately, I found a Priority Pass in among all my plastic (it must have come with some kind of credit card promotion a very long time ago).  It is still valid till 2011 and theoretically, it gives us access to VIP lounges at the airport where they serve you food and drink with comfortable furniture and wifi!  Much more civilized approach to waiting for hours on end than to be amongst the throngs.  Not sure why we never used it, but if it works, it will certainly come in handy on this journey.  We were told to get to the airport at least 4-5 hours in advance for international travel.  Hope it is all not spent on line.  I am personally looking forward to the full body scanner - do we still have to take off the shoes???

Till next time.... sitting here thinking warm thoughts.

1 comment:

LuckyPierre said...

Thanks for the serene pics. I love the way they load BIG, because now I know what I'll be looking at when you start sending the "Look at us on the other side of the Planet" pictures.



Island Dream Blogger Template